- The seasonal fluctuation, high chemical oxygen demands, degrees Brix, filter media and alternating pH all have a critical impact on the effective treatment on the effluent emanating from the dairy industry.
- The confined area of a typical dairy makes it critical that the effluent be treated effectively and completely removed from the dairy. This effluent has to be treated and contained before being discharged into natural streams or being recycled for re-use.
- International quality control, environmental legislation and pressure to re-use water are contributing factors.
- The production of cheese, butter, yoghurt, milk, powdered milk, condensed milk, cream, ice cream and fruit blend juices contribute to large quantities of fats, oils and organic compounds that are highly receptive to bacterial infections, impacting the hygiene of the production environment.
- Caution in the management and treatment of effluent in this industry is vital in order to prevent external contaminants from entering the hygiene cycle.
- High discharge penalties were incurred.
- Effluent volumes resulted in unpleasant odours and water discolouration.
- CIP wash model also contributed to the quality of water and contamination thereof.
- Our experience in this industry over the past 36 years has given EcoSat privileged knowledge on the imminent water qualities and solution technologies.
- EcoSat utilizes specialist engineered heated fats, oils and grease (FOG) traps, heating coils, pumps and jacket pipeline systems. EcoSat has successfully extracted the FOGs, reduced the CODs and corrected the pH.
- To enhance Bernoulli separation with the effluent, EcoSat has designed Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) plants operating at high temperatures. The process is completed with the employment of Electrochemical
Coagulation (EC) and/or Chemical Separation before transferring to discharge or recycling.
- EcoSat employs chemical, mechanical, and civil engineers as well as other qualified staff in designing our solution, allowing the dairy industry to focus on what they are best at.
- The treatment combination reduces the effluent discharge quality and provides the ability to recycle the treated effluent.